Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Drawing Space

    Hello everyone. I thought I'd share with you some pictures of my drawing space. I just think this may be a fun thing to do and that's really the only reason I'm doing this. For my 15th birthday, I wanted a desk and my parents bought me this when I saw it in a store one day. It is my most used present ever because I draw at least a few times a week.

   So, in this post, I'll just give you a little tour of the extremely messy corner of my room that houses my drawing desk. Let's get started!


    Here is a full picture of my desk. In this picture, you can fully take in the messyness. Please note the air conditioner that is unable to point air in the direction of my seat, along with the many random papers hanging from the walls. Also, keep in mind that my room is in the attic.

    This is the space to the left of my desk, on the floor, under the air conditioner. Here you can see some random notebooks along with a magazine, and the giant Christmas countdown anime posters I made this past Christmas.

    This tray hangs on the left side of my desk and it holds lots of my supplies. Featured here are my french curve templates, inking supplies, markers, tracing paper drawings, erasers, and multiple other writing utensils. Most of this stuff is rarely used, actually. I use my metal ruler and my white eraser most.

    Here are the tracing paper drawings that are int he tray. Just random things, really.

    This here is the back wall directly behind my desk. Multiple drawings are seen here, including some yon-koma, one page manga, and more tracing paper drawings.

    A closeup of the left side of the last picture shows us this. I made this when I was first learning Kana. Ha ha ha, I wrote 'daisuki' by combining hiragana and katakana unknowingly at the time.

    To the left wall of my desk is some more artwork and a Shana card from my Kagami TCG that I had cut up, felt bad for, and proceeded to tape back together and stick to my wall. '_'; To the left of all of this is my closet.

    To the right wall of my desk, I have some more hanging art for no reason, a picture from Pani Poni Dash, and a wish list that is extremely outdated.

    Here is a closeup of the last pic.

    This is the lower right corner of my desk, which contains scraps from today's paper cutting. I am actually in the process of making a new card game and I didn't throw these scraps away yet. Also pictured is my pencil that I use to draw all of my art with.

    Here is the top right corner of my desk. Featured here is a stack of stuff. It shall be dissected momentarily. I never use that pencil sharpener. It isn't even plugged in, but it's been there for so long that it'd be wrong to remove it.

    In this pile we have a gigantic manga compilation book that I bought from J-list the past year. This book isn't normally here, I just brought it over the other day to try and practice Kanji.

    Within the pile I have multiple drawing-ish teaching-ish books. The shoujou characters has lots of cute things in it so its nice for reference. And the other book, Sketching Manga Style, is the best drawing tutorials book I own. I have volumes 1 and 2 , but I think there are actually 4 or more. In addition to these things is my amazing circle template. I use it for every drawing I make. I also have Yotsubato Volume 1 and a volume of Ichigo Mashimaro too for some reason.

    This'd be the top left of my desk which holds a considerably larger pile of things. I will split this portion of the desk into a left and right.

    On the right, I have my Kanji books, and my notebook where I practice writing all kana and kanji I learn. I also have my Brigade cards here.

    Under those things were about 4 more notebooks that are all filler with art from the past.

    Even further down than that, I have an old composition notebook, some random drawings, and ideas for manga.

    Inside my marble notebook I have more random manga I have made, among various other things.

    Such as character designs. This is Kaede. She is half dog, and I have about 5 pages of illustrations featuring her. I also tried starting a manga with her in it, and you can see the first page on the wall behind my desk.

    On the left, I have more random things.

    This Kud figure came with the magazine that was on the floor. I really only bought the magazine to get the Kud figure and it's been on my desk ever since holding down some more tracing paper drawings from being blown away by my fan.

    These are the tracing paper drawings that Kud was holding down.

    Under the Kud figure, I have yet more notebooks and a stack of Kannagi cards I made.

    I made these many Kannagi cards a while ago. They're extremely useless because the ink on them smears easily and I am scared to handle them too much so they just sit on my desk, but I do flip through them from time to time.

    Under those 2 notebooks and the Kannagi cards is a pile of random papers which contains many types of things. These papers include:

    Random full page printouts from anime, one page manga I have made...

    Some manga printouts, and more drawings I've made...aaaand some hentai. I almost forgot it was there. I took a picture of it, but I'm going to exclude it from the post after all xD.

    Under the hentai (XD) I have my old papers that I used to practice learning kana three years ago. It is quite a bit of paper because I would reproduce every kana I knew every night. @__@

    The note book on the very bottom is Just one of my old drawing books. I opened it here and took a picture of a random page.

    And so, that's the end of my post. I hope you enjoyed it even though it seemed kind of boring. I just wanted to do something new. Feel free to voice any and all opinions in the comments section.

    Bonus pic! This wall of mine has many many things on it and I'm going to list them all here.
  • Posters announcing drawing contests that I used to hold between my sister, brother and I.
  • An Iced Tea Sale poster that I made for my brother when he was out selling iced tea in front of our house one day.
  • Another Ichigo Mashimaro poster that I printed out exclusively to hide a hole in the wall that I made by accident with a nail.
  • A dry-erase board that I sed to use to keep track of any anime I was watching and what episodes I was on.
  • Some pages of Japanese phrases.
  • A picture of the Taco girl from Saki.
  • A calendar I pulled out of a NewType magazine I bought a few years ago.
  • 2 paper child cutouts.
  • A giant Kannagi poster. I used to have it flipped over, displaying the Toradora side, until I saw Kannagi.
  • A random page printout for each of Hidamari Sketch, Lucky Star, and 2 from Hayate no Gotoku.
  • And finally, 24 pages of the Lucky Star manga that I printed out and taped to my wall.

And so ends my longest post ever. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Pandadice said...

I gotta hand it to you Onion, that is pretty solid otaku. I'm impressed.

bloodychaos said...

The mess reminds me of...my own room!!

And you got plenty of Nagi-sama!! Just feel like sticking those to my PC's chassis :p

Pandadice said...

ps why didn't you mention the Naruto sticker? did you find it self explanatory? Or are you ashamed of it?

Onion said...

Oh right! I actually didn't see it in the picture. The Naruto sticker I think came in an issue of Shounen Jump. It's not really a sticker though, it uses like static to cling to the wall.

atvrcr said...

Pretty cool stuff, I'll post some pics of my room. My drawing desk is shared with my desktop so I am not as professional.

Onion said...

Yay! I anticipate your post!

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...