Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bought a New Wii: Update!

    I'm posting this as a follow up to the last post for a little more insight into some random stuff.

   Originally, I wanted to buy myself something for my birthday. I knew my sister was going to get me the Harvest Moon Bazaar game that came out today, which meant that my old DS Lite, with the broken shoulder buttons, had to be upgraded. If you can't use the shoulder buttons in a Harvest Moon game, you're screwed. And coming out soon is the PokePark game for Wii, which meant that my Wii had to be replaced since it's disc drive problems make it impossible to play any games.

   So my choice was to buy a Nintendo DS XL or a new Nintendo Wii.

   So yes, in the end I figured that I could still get along, however horribly, in Harvest Moon even without the shoulder buttons. And I instead opted to buy the Wii because it was something that could be played together and it can really be overall more fun for the family.

   Now's the part in the post where I talk about the good news and the bad news.

BAD NEWS:
   I didn't know before I bought the new Wii that there was no way to transfer games bought from the Nintendo Shop to be transferred to a new Wii. This is because the games you buy are coded to your specific Wii instead of an account. I was pretty upset. That's about $30 down the drain. And to make things worse, I went to copy my save files from the old Wii to an SD card today, and the Wii suddenly has no video or audio output. I tried it on two televisions and even tried using the new wire from the black Wii, but no luck. So now I have none of my save files... T__T

GOOD NEWS:
   My DS shoulder buttons have been broken for more than 3 years I think. Well, I remember playing Sonic Rush when the R button first started acting up, so around that time. Today(I don't know why it took me so long to do this :/), I decided to do a search for methods of getting broken DS shoulder buttons to work again. The first link gives the most amazing trick.

    It says to cup your lips around the shoulder buttons and blow. Apparently it removes dirt that can be caught in between the contact point that can't easily be reached. And what do you Know, it works like a charm. My DS is practically brand new. My sister was happy as well because her DSi R button had been malfunctioning and this solved her problem as well.

   And that's the more in-depth story. Hope that cleared up any of the questions that I received in the thousands of comments that the last post got. Haha. Just kidding...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...