Saturday, July 31, 2010

Onion's Many Rpg's + Mizuko's Adventure


    I've decided to start periodically uploading some of the Rpg's that I make. I currently use RPG Maker VX to make all of my games. I am very unorthodox however; I think I've only actually made like 1 or 2 actual RPG's with this program. Most of the games I make are shooters, mystery type games, random fun games, and other games that I just wanted to try making just to see if it could even be done in RPG Maker VX.

   Most of the games I make are usually based on an anime I was watching at the time, and I can alwaqys tell which anime the game was influenced by because I use that anime's OST in the games. XD Anyway, I'd like to start this off with one of my better games: Mizuko's Adventure.

   Mizuko's adventure is a short, unfinished horizontal shooter. This game has elements from Strike Witches, Cardcaptor Sakura, Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru, and the doujin game Air-Rade.

   This game was actually a breakthrough for me because I managed to simulate a game menu instead of using the normal "New game, Load game, End game" menu that rpg maker vx comes with. Of course, my lazyness kept me from going any further than just the graphics, so no matter what you click it just starts the game anyway.

   I actually drew the Mizuko sprite all on my own in Paint.net and based it's art around the chibis in the ending of Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru. The enemy designs are just random pill and bean shaped blobs XD. As you may have noticed, the level backgrounds are based off of the backgrounds found in one of the Cardcaptor Sakura Endings.

   You have 2 options of attack in this game. By pressing X, you can fire a star capable of taking out 1 enemy. By pressing X you can unleash a missle that has the potential to defeat every enemy in a row. When an enemy dies, they drop money, but it's really pointless to collect it as I've never expanded on it.

   At the end of every level there is a giant boss modeled on one of the normal enemies from the level. They are relatively harmless but they can be a pain to actually hit...

   That pretty much sums up this game. Mizuko's Adventure is something fun to play once and then forget about for a while. It can probably occupy your time for 5 minutes or so. The game is only 1 level long. After you teleport to level 2, there are 2 more enemies, but then the game just carries on into oblivion for no reason at all.

EDIT:
    Here's a bonus video made by iikoma:

Download:
Mizuko's Adventure Download

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...