Saturday, July 3, 2010

Muzic's Review of Nana


One day Komatsu Nana ("Hachi") decides to go to Tokyo where she wants to start a new life with her boyfriend Shoji. In the train are only a few places free and she decides to sit next to a girl whose name is Osaki Nana. As a vocalist Nana aims for a debut in Tokyo with her punk band "Blast" to become professional musicians. Her boyfriend Ren already made it as a guitarist for the famous "Trapnest" there. 
 After arriving in Tokyo their ways part - or so it seems. When searching for a flat to live in, they meet again and eventually decide to share it together. This strengthens their bond and together the Nanas go through their love lives and career in Tokyo. (from AniDB.net)
I have just recently finished watching Nana and I must say that it was REALLY good.
But It has its cons.

The opening seemed to be a bit too dragged along and took a long time to finish and kept flipflopping between current and past. Also the story behind Komatsu Nana was a bit crazy but it probably was best for the show to really bring in the emotions for later and what not. Osaki Nana I didn't have much of a problem with as much but there were some things that bugged me about her; (Wont go into detail since I dont like to spoil it for those who havent seen). I think Komatsu Nana's chara was a tad too much as well but when it all seemed to be going better to me it just ended up annoying the piss out of me closer to the end of the show.

I did however like the drama aspect of it where it sets you in tears at times. It's nice to have anime like this from time to time since it's a break from the crazy stuff. I loved the art work even though to some people it would look odd but this series wasn't made to be eyecandy as it was more for the story and relations between the characters, which to me is good since I find alot of drama series to be great in visuals but lacking greatly in character and plot development.

If I would have to rate this on a 1-10 I would give it a 9 and a must watch for those who havent seen it.
Just don't punch a hole in the wall like I wanted to do a few times lol.
I'm hoping to see season 2 of this since it's such a great show.

2 comments:

atvrcr said...

I never wanted to punch a whole through the wall >.>

dingmajiao said...

Was there really a need to review???

I meant it's just too good =D

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...