Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kodocha (Kodomo no Omocha) Ep #60 Thoughts



I had recently aquired  the second half of the series Kodocha (Kodomo no Omocha). I originally began watching the show on the Funimation Channel block on Colours TV on Dish Network around 3-5 years ago (I forget exactly but it was somewhere in that time frame). I instantly fell in love with it, so I bought the boxsets, and even the babbit boxset. Unfortunately Funimation only licensed episodes 1-52 so I would never get to see the second half of the series. Anywhoo as I said I am currently watching  episodes 53-102, and I just wanted to give my thoughts on a certain episode, to be more specific, episode 60.

There are times when watching an anime that you go "Ah so this is why I fell in love with this series!" This episode was one of those moments. I can't believe how moving this episode is, how amazing this episode is, how brilliant this episode is. I instantly fell in love with the series all over again. Seriously.

This is one of those shows that is a 10/10 for me, and is one of my absolute favorite shows of all time.

Funimation, get your head out of your ass and license the second half already. If you have money to piss away on Dance in the Vampire Bund (a shit show btw)  then you can atleast have the decency to get the other 52 episodes of this series. I would love to see Laura Bailey play Sana once again, but even if you just released it subtitled, I, as well as other fans, would buy the dvd's in a heartbeat.

3 comments:

Onion said...

A most wonderful idea. Maybe we can write a letter to them?

Better than you. said...

FUNimation only licensed to episode 51 of the 102, not 52.

Also if a show does not sell for them, why would they license the rest of a show.

atvrcr said...

Well I am thinking it has the possibility to sell more units than some of the shows that they have acquired recently. I also think the reason it wasn't a great selling show is because it was back in the day of releasing 3-4 eps per dvd rather than the boxset versions they sell now.

Of course that is all my own speculation.

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...