Monday, February 14, 2011

K-ON! US Thoughts


Well the info that K-ON! is coming to the US has been out for a while but I want to say my  2 cents. Before I get too into it, I want to say I am pleased with this, most people always jump to the "anime only belongs in Japan" or "I don't want to hear the dub, I won't buy this" imedietly. Well guess what you don't have to buy it, this is more for the people who actually want to own it. I for one will buy it.

Ok here's where I have to be mean and subject you to this:




Ok let that sink in....   Back? Good. Yeah the dub doesn't sound all that great right? For the people saying "The dub is terrible, I won't buy this" thankfully there is this brand new feature that allows you to actually change the audio track on the fly! Crazy I know, technology has advanced so much. Alright  enough of me being a smart ass. I will probably struggle and listen to the dub one time and then never again.

As for releases, the vol 1 Bluray and DVD will come out 4/26/11. Wait volume 1, you mean they aren't releasing it in a boxset? Yeah that's right, vol 1 will contain eps 1-4 and will cost $25. I have already heard complaints about this fact, but for fucks sake the show is only 13 episodes it's not going to cost much in the end. I'm not going to buy the dvd set but I will be getting the bluray.

Personally, I kind of like that they are going to only put 4 episodes on the disc.  The reason i like this is because since there will only be 4 episodes the quality can be higher. They won't try to cram a bunch of episodes on the discs and make the beauty suffer.

Well that's just my thoughts for now, what do you think?

8 comments:

ScarredBushido said...

well when i brought my niece the complete part 1 of clannad it was automatically on Japanese Audio maybe thats gonna be the same with K-on!?

atvrcr said...

well they had two different versions, one with only Japanese audio and one that was dual audio. So perhaps you got the sub only version?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I was just thinking about this yesterday. My sister wants to be in a band, and this would be the perfect anime for her to watch now that its dubbed.

atvrcr said...

Yeah, you know I watched the trailer a couple more times, and it's not actually as bad as I thought although it could be better. My sister watched a couple episodes of it subbed and enjoyed it but I think she would enjoy it dubbed as well.

Lol I remember one time I was watching Kannagi and she came into my room and was like oh this looks somewhat interesting (now I should let you know she only watches anime every now and then and its usually dubbed). Anyways she was like slow the fuck down Nagi, I can't read your subs xD it made me laugh.

ScarredBushido said...

it was dual audio it was just automatically on jap audio with subs...which shocked me i was like " they finally listened to us "

atvrcr said...

wow that's actually surprising. Although the Clannad dub wasn't all that bad but some voices were horrible x_X

Onion said...

Ritsu's voice is too high and they made Yui sound retarded. (In a bad way, not a cute way)

atvrcr said...

Well hopefully as they go on they will get better. They generally do.

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...