Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Onion - The Best Anime of 2010

 (for now, pictures are out of my reach. I'll upload some when I have a chance, tehe.)

Atvrcr has invited me to participate in his list making fun for the end of the year. And since today's the 21st, that means it's time to post about my favorite anime of 2010! Now, there's some things you should note before I reveal what my favorite anime of the year is. First, remember that this is my opinion and that it does not reflect the combined views of the Atv-Oni-Ota team. And Second, this is MY opinion and I accept challenging comments, praising comments, and bashing comments all with a happy face. With that out of the way, let me reveal my favorite anime of the year!

You may be wondering what anime I've even watched over this year. So, I've compiled a list for you, the readers, so that you can see what I'm gauging by. Since, of course, I can only work with the shows I've actually watched. Here is that list:

Angel Beats!, Baka to Test to Shoukanju, Chu-Bra!!, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Hanamaru Youchien, K-On(Incomplete), Koihime Musou, Ladies versus Butlers!, MM!, Occult Academy, OreImo, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Sora No Woto, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Working!!, and The World only God Knows.

Now, on to the winner of Onion's Favorite Anime of the year!

The winner is:

LADIES VERSUS BUTLERS!


I know what you're thinking. "How could Onion let a fan service show win?" Am I right? That's because I'm psychic. It's also because that's what everyone says when I tell them how much I loved the show. However, I tell them, Ladies Versus Butlers is not a fanservice show in the original sense.

I watched every episode of this series, and every episode I was laughing to the extent of stomach pain. I remember one time My laptop almost fell to the ground. From the very first scene, which you remember is the scene with Selnia being thrown to the ground and groped, I knew that this show was going to be a winner. And it was.

None of the fan service ever seemed like it was forced to me. Make no mistake, it was there, but each episode had it's own plot that completely overshadowed the fan service which kept it from becoming the main focus. 

All of the characters had puni puni faces and were loveable. It's just an all around great show, and that's why I've awarded it my Favorite Anime of the Year Award. 


Runner Ups

Here's a list of the shows that I had lumped together with Ladies Versus Butlers when I was trying to decide on the definite winner. None of these shows should be passed up:

2. Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
3. Working!!
4. Hanamaru Youchien 


Leave some comments! If you think I'm crazy, let me have it! If you agree with me, let's be friends! Thanks for viewing everyone!


Worst Anime of 2010
(Remember, this is out of the shows I watched)

Dance in the Vampire Bund

I didn't particularly hate any of the shows I watched, but out of all of them, I liked  Vampire Bund the least. It's sort of in part because of Shaft's crappy style, and the stupidity of the entire show's delivery. I was bored by the time I reached the end of the series, and I can't even remember the ending. I was probably half asleep. Also, the loli transforming into a woman didn't exactly help to get me focused. But the show did have a nice opening theme.

5 comments:

Pandadice said...

AH yes. Ladies vs Butlers is a great title. I have to admit though, I would say some of the fanservice felt forced. But at the same time, you're right about how the rest of the show completely overshadowed the fanservice. I just thought the characters in LvB were so great, even if they were just old tsundere (and a yandere?) archtypes. Drill was an awesome character that I was totally rooting for by the end of the series, and the main duds childhood friend was up there too. However, the unresolved ending was weak, but it's not like that isn't expected with a series like LvB anyways :\

mmm.. maybe i'll have to post a favorite or somnething too.... Though I don't think I watched as many new titles as even you did this year... maybe I should go marathon a couple of the big hitters (Angel Beats, Working ect)..

Onion said...

Bah, none of the fan service felt forced to me. It felt like it was there only to add, rather than propel the story (*cough Omamori Himari cough I dropped this xD cough*)

I too was rooting for Drill by the end of the series. Her spinning hair was one of the greatest jokes throughout the entire series. But the ending didn't particularly disappoint me.

atvrcr said...

I have to agree with Panda and say that the ending did indeed disappoint. That said I loved the show once it got past the first couple episode hump which was horrible >.>

And dont diss SHAFT they are amazing, but yeah Vampire Bund was pretty much crap.

Pandadice said...

I thought it was funny though that both of y'all's worst titles are from Shaft.

atvrcr said...

Lol shh

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...