Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes - 01

    The first episode of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes delivers a healthy dose of unexpected loli goodness.


Overview
    I downloaded Tantei Opera Milky Holmes after yesterday not expecting much and without knowing anything about it. I thought it was going to be more of a shoujo title than it is. It is a very cute show, but I think it's geared slightly more toward people who love lolis.

Synopsis
    The four main girls in the show form a detective group called "Milky Holmes." This name is very suggestive, and I'm not complaining. Anyway, the job of detectives is to stop the criminals who run through the city. Most of the people of Yokohama possess "Toys." Toys are supernatural powers that one obtains at birth. For example, Sheryl has a sort of telekinesis.

First episode Impressions
      In this episode, we are introduced to the four main girls, Sheryl, Nero, Elly, and Cordelia (All of these names are shortened names of what I think are mostly famous detective names. E.G. Sheryl = Sherlock). The girls are part of a group named Milky Holmes and were all trained by a legendary detective. In the beginning of the episode, the girls were busy chasing a group of baddies, so you jump right into the action.  However, right in the middle of the battle, lightning strikes and the girls lose their Toys. Now powerless, the girls are stripped of their special privileges at school and are given only 3 months to prove that they are still worthy to live the luxurious lives they have been living. The music is nice and the girls are super cute and have really different and kawaii personalities. This episode is full of lots of cute scenes in this episode.
During one of the classes, I spotted what seems to be a Strike Witches cameo.

Opening and Ending
The opening if full of undeniable loli cuteness.

In the ending, the first thing that gets your attention is the mizugi clad lolis. Lovely.

Expectations
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how this show moves along. Sheryl is super cute and I love her hair. Those giant loops are awesome. I want more loli action and I want to see more cuteness. I need the cuteness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...