Friday, June 18, 2010

Muzic's Music Mixes On Hold

Just like it says.
My mixing is on hold till I get a controller


So bear with me for some time.
Also have been testing out different programs besides Deckadance.
I do like deckadance but it seems to be lacking the functions that can really liven up a mix. In traktor which I will most likely end up using, I can mix without being in key the whole time so I can pull out some great mixes without the transitions sounding awful like it would in dekadance. Also I like the fact the Traktor has a FAAAARRRR better EQ than DD, like when I start turning the lows down to off the dial in traktor almost 100% cuts it out till you click the kill button whick you dont really need to do as for DD it still has quite a bit of bass and when you use the kill switch it starts cutting the Mids out >.>
I do like the fact that Traktor also can go up to 4 decks with a 4 channel mixer so making a more complex mix is doable also that the audio sync is far better imho with a little scrolling pad that you can drop to the beat much faster than just pitch bending till it matches.
I did try Virtual DJ, it was really responsive and had good quality despite its looks. though my major gripes were that it ate system resources like it was candy and also when you were cueing a song and browsing through it when a song was already playing in the main output it was start thinking you were somewhat trying to scratch the main output track and not whats in the headphones =.=

So there's my thoughts on these. Will post a followup on this when I get the controler and possibly a video.

2 comments:

Onion said...

Sounds way too complicated for me to understand. Good luck getting a controller! O_O

atvrcr said...

disappointing >:[ but it will be cool once you get that

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...