Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rant on Fansubs Only using MKV

Guess what? Time for another Rant from Otaku Supreme.

Seems like most fansub groups nowadays are going exclusive with their .mkv formats rather than have a hard subbed format for those who don't like mkv. I use my PS3 to watch anime and it doesn't support mkv. I do have Linux installed on my PS3 but even though I can play mkv, it is often times choppy and is no use to watch.

Now there are a few fansub groups that i appreciate that I think deserve mentioning. First is Eclipse. They always have an AVI format for their shows and this is why I use them if they have the show I want. Taka fansubs are my exclusive group for Naruto and Inuyasha: The Final Act. Their mp4 format works perfectly on my PS3 and they quality of their shows are perfect in my opinion.

I'm just saying that we should have a choice on what we want in format. I have a choice if i want fries with my burger right? i may be the only one who feels this way but I don't care. My opinion matters. I am a consumer.

Not everyone gets pleased but this is an easy fix. So, any Fansub groups who happen to be reading my blog, Fix yourself and help us fans out. These shows aren't only for you. We all watch them and you should listen to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's always the unofficial .avi files. They aren't that great though.

Anonymous said...

mkv is much better codec and is the future of video formats (for now). There is no point for groups to waste their time encoding multiple formats since everything can play mkv just fine these days with the exception of old computers and apparently the ps3.

Post a Comment

My Anime List Signatures of the Bloggers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...